First impressions are lasting impressions, so make sure your home has great curb appeal.
Whether you have invested in interior renovations or not, don’t forget your home’s exterior when preparing to sell. Take the time to clean the exterior and repair or replace window pains, screens, fence boards, etc. as needed. Add a fresh coat of paint to any trim and pick an inviting colour for the front door. For the back yard, remove clutter, spruce up any gardens, and mow the grass.
HGTV offers 10 tips to improve your home’s curb appeal to potential buyers http://www.hgtv.com/design/outdoor-design/landscaping-and-hardscaping/10-curb-appeal-tips-from-the-pros-pictures:
- Make sure the exterior photos of your home are good.
- Take a look at your home as a buyer.
- Look for any noticeable roof damage.
- Install new house numbers.
- Ask a friend, family member, or co-worker to give their opinion of the exterior.
- Pressure wash dirty siding and decks.
- Plant some colourful flowers.
- Clean windows and open curtains. Open curtains look better from the outside.
- Place some solar light fixtures along pathways.
- Paint the front door and make sure porch light is working.