With the first day of summer, June 20, just around the corner, it's a good time to start planning your summer home maintenance. This is the best time to make sure your home's exterior is in good shape.
- Siding needs to be cleaned yearly. A power washer will work for most types, but thinner vinyl will require a garden hose with an attachment and cleaning solution. Wood siding may need to be re-stained or painted. Check for any damaged siding and replace where needed.
- Stucco should be checked for any cracks or exposed areas where moisture can get inside. These can be sealed with stucco patches.
- Check your roof for any damage and check the warranty to see when you will need to replace the shingles or tiles. Also get your insulation checked.
- Schedule to have your air conditioner inspected and replace filters.
- Check for cracks in the foundation on the exterior and interior.
- Fix cracks in the driveway or consider re-surfacing it.
- Check outdoor spigots for leaks.
- Inspect your garage's exterior and interior for any damage.